• If you have concerns of abuse, it is your duty to report by law and for the sake of the child .
• Children with disabilities are found to be 3 to 4 times more likely to experience abuse or neglect than children without disability .
• Professionals should be aware that children with disabilities often have multiple carers and this increases the risk of abuse .
• When a family member abuses a child, this event affects the entire family. Specialist help is required to address the emotional implications of coping with the abuse on an individual basis .
• Understanding the specific methods abusers use in grooming children is key to providing the most effective interventions to both victims and abusers .
• There is a strong requirement in Islam to show love and mercy towards children. And to preserve their dignity- this is just as much a right of the child as the right to be fed, clothed, and educated .